Saturday, March 23, 2013

Job Interview Dialog



Job Interview Dialog                                                                
I = Interviewer, A = Applicant

I:  Hi, I’m Ketut. (shake hands) I’m the hiring manager.
A: Nice to meet you Mr. Ketut. I’m Willson Saudale.
I:  Please have a seat. (motion to chair)
A:  Thank you.  Oh, this is a copy of my resume and a list of references.
I:  Thank you, I will take a look at these.  I see you have applied for the cashier position.
A:  Yes, that’s right; I can work in other positions in the store as well.
I:  That’s good.  Can you tell me (about) your previous work experience?
A: I worked as a clerk at 7-Eleven for one year.  Before that I worked in my country at my parents’ grocery store.  I had many responsibilities such as: ordering merchandise, stocking shelves, and waiting on customers.
I:  I see.  Are you looking for a part time or a full time position?
A: I’m looking for a part-time job because I go to the Adult School to improve my English.
I:  Customer service is a big part of this job.  Do you have good people skills?
A:  I’m sorry, what do you mean by “people skills”?
I:  OK, I mean do you enjoy talking to customers?
A: Oh yes, I am friendly and I would like to help the customers.
I:  Tell me more about your other skills.
A:  I can use a cash register and I have basic computer skills.
I:  Can you give me two good reasons why I should hire you?
A:  Well, I am organized, dependable, and hard working.
I:  We have morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.  Which shift are you interested in?
A:  I go to school in the morning, and I have to pick up my children from school in the afternoon, so I prefer to work evenings or weekends.
I:  Do you have any questions for me about the job?
A:  As I improve my English at the adult school, I may be interested in a full time position. Can I change to full-time when I finish English school?
 I:  Yes, we like to give our employees first choice when we have an opening.
A:  That’s good. Will there be opportunities for promotion? 
I:  Yes, based on good performance reviews, there are always opportunities to move up.
We will be in contact with you as soon as we finish our interviews. (Both stand and shake hands.)
A:  Thank you very much for your time.  I look forward to hearing from you.                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment