Saturday, March 23, 2013

English for : Job Interview in BALI

Interviewer: Good afternoon, please have a seat.
Interviewee: Thank you.

Interviewer: How are you doing today? Did you have any trouble finding the office?
Interviewee: I'm fine thank you, and I had no trouble at all getting here.

Interviewer: Great. Well let's get started. Could you tell me a little about your educational background?
Interviewee: Yes, I graduated from UCLA in 1995, with a Bachelors degree in journalism. After that I enrolled in NYU's master's program for journalism, graduating in 1998.

Interviewer: I see. Now, how about your work experience?
Interviewee: After I left NYU, I worked for a year at the Daily Newspaper.

Interviewer: And after that?
Interviewee: From there I moved to San Francisco and was employed by the Bay Area Chronicle, covering local and state politics.

Interviewer: What was the biggest story you covered while you were there.
Interviewee: I covered several that I thought were important, but I would have to say the investigative piece I did on the cover-up of the governor's staff involvement in the embezzlement of education funds was the biggest.

Interviewer: How did you like it at the Chronicle?
Interviewee: Overall, I liked it a lot. The people were great and my boss was supportive and understanding.

Interviewer: According to you resume, you left there three months ago. What have you been doing since then?
Interviewee: Mainly taking care of our baby, she just turned three months old. But now I'm ready to go back to work.

Interviewer: What brought you to Denver?
Interviewee: My husband’s company transferred him here last month.

Interviewer: One final question. Why did you apply here? Denver has three daily newspapers to choose from.
Interviewee: I felt that this paper is better suited for my conservative thinking, my unique writing style, and my diverse areas of interest when covering political news.

Interviewer: Well, thank you for your time. We'll be making a selection in a couple of days and will call you one way or the other.
Interviewee: Thank you for seeing me. Have a pleasant day.


Questions:

1. Where did she graduated in 1995?
2. What was her course?
3. How about her master's degree?
4. What was the biggest story that she covered?
5. What did she do for three months after quitting her job?
6. Where is she right now?
7. How do you call someone who's being interviewed?
8. How do you call someone who's asking questions during an interview?

No comments:

Post a Comment